Applications closed on December 31st 2019. We will be announcing the shortlist in early 2020.
As a reminder good entries will highlight nominees who have demonstrated:
- engagement in the political process to find areas of agreement;
- an ability to admit past failures and errors, and current failings;
- demonstration of openness to changing their minds and to explain why;
- an ability to make sincere apologies for past errors and learn from it;
- demonstration of commitment to reconciliation and bridging divides;
- engaging in politics with courtesy, good humour and kindness, with an acknowledgment that most people are engaged in politics for honourable motives, even if their policies and decisions may be mistaken.